Invisalign can help straighten your teeth and give you the smile you desire. It is an alternative to traditional braces for straightening teeth without brackets, bands, and wires. Instead, Invisalign utilizes removable aligner trays to move the teeth. Your skilled dentists at Thompson Dental Group, serving Houston, Memorial, and Katy, TX, offer Invisalign to help you achieve a straighter smile.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign moves and straightens teeth just like braces. Both methods exert gentle pressure on the teeth to move them in the desired direction. However, Invisalign does this in a very different way. Rather than brackets, bands, and wires, Invisalign utilizes aligner trays to move the teeth. The trays are made from a flexible plastic material so there are no sharp, hard, or rough spots that can irritate the mouth. Additionally, the aligners are custom-made for each patient.
Several sets of aligner trays are worn throughout treatment. Each set includes two trays. One tray is worn over the top row of teeth, and another over the bottom row. A set of aligners is worn for a few weeks and is then replaced with the next set. Each set of aligners straightens the teeth more and moves them closer to their final position. We can help you achieve a straighter smile with Invisalign at our offices serving the Houston, Memorial, and Katy, TX, areas.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign is a popular choice among patients for straightening teeth because it has numerous benefits and advantages, including:
- Extremely Discreet: Invisalign’s aligners are clear so they are practically invisible to others.
- Removable Aligners: Aligner trays are removable and can be taken out for up to two hours a day without affecting treatment. The aligners can be removed to eat, as well as to brush and floss.
- Comfortable to Wear: The aligners are made from a soft, flexible plastic material so they are comfortable to wear. There are no hard or rough edges to irritate the mouth.
- Improved Oral Hygiene: Maintaining better oral hygiene is easier with Invisalign since the aligners can be removed to brush and floss. Additionally, there is no risk of food getting trapped in them since they can be taken out when eating.
- Fewer Food Restrictions: Patients can enjoy greater dietary choices and fewer restrictions during treatment. Since the aligners can be removed to eat, there is no risk of damaging them or getting food stuck in them.
- Protection Against Teeth Grinding: Teeth grinding can lead to excess wear and tear on the teeth. Invisalign’s aligner trays have the added benefit of providing protection against teeth grinding for patients who grind their teeth while sleeping.
Invisalign can help you straighten your teeth, close gaps between them, or correct a misaligned bite. Schedule a consolation with Your dentist to learn more about Invisalign by calling Thompson Dental Group serving the Houston, Memorial, and Katy, TX, areas at (281) 493-5471.